Nicholas Laryngakis, M.D.
Board Certified Urologist
Phone: (727) 498-5888
Dr. Nicholas Laryngakis is a board certified urologist practicing in St. Petersburg and the greater Tampa Bay area. He received his undergraduate and medical school degree from the University of Florida. During medical school, he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha national medical honor society,an honor signifying a lasting commitment to scholarship, leadership, professionalism and service. He then completed his urology residency training at the University of Pennsylvania, which is amongst the most comprehensive and elite urology training programs in the nation. He excelled during his residency training and received the “Outstanding Scholar in Urology Award” and the “Howard Pollack Award” signifying the highest absolute score on the in-service exam for the University of Pennsylvania Urology Residency Program.
Dr. Laryngakis performs minimally invasive and da Vinci Surgical System robotic procedures and treats patient’s urologic diseases with smaller incisions, less blood loss, minimal tissue or nerve damage and a faster recovery. In addition to the diagnosis and treatment of general urologic conditions, he also specializes in the treatment of genitourinary cancer (kidney, ureteral, bladder, prostate, penile, testicular), kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, overactive bladder, male and female urinary incontinence, interstitial cystitis, and bladder outlet obstruction amongst many other conditions. Dr. Laryngakis also has advanced training in procedures such as penile prostheses, sacral neuromodulation, artificial urinary sphincters, slings and minimally invasive laser therapy for urinary stones and prostatic enlargement. He has been active in research and authored several publications on urologic diseases, including kidney and prostate cancer.
Dr. Laryngakis is a compassionate and dedicated physician and surgeon who enjoys making a difference in patients’ lives. He is concerned, comprehensive, and provides individualized treatment plans for patients.
- Urology Residency: University of Pennsylvania
- General Surgery Internship: University of Pennsylvania
- Medical School: University of Florida College of Medicine, M.D. Degree
- Undergraduate: University of Florida, Bachelor of Science Cum Laude in Microbiology and Classics Minor
- Laryngakis NA and Guzzo TJ. Tumor enucleation for small renal masses. Current Opinion in Urology. 2012.
- Laryngakis NA, Van Arsdalen KN, Guzzo TJ, and Malkowicz SB. Tumor enucleation: a safe treatment alternative for renal cell carcinoma? Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy. 2011; 11(6): 893-899.
- Laryngakis NA, Caesar SR, Berns JS and Wein AJ. Runner’s Bladder: Exercised-Induced Hematuria with Lower Urinary Tract Pathology. UroToday International Journal. April 2011; 4(2): art19.
- Kojima Y, Lambert SM, Steixner BL, Laryngakis N, and Casale P. Multiple MetachronousFibroepithelial Polyps in Children. Journal of Urology. 2011; 185(3): 1053-7.
- Graves R, Laryngakis N, Malkowicz S, and Guzzo T. Therapeutic Options for Men with Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Annals of Urology. July 2010.
- Sidhu G, Li W, Laryngakis N, Bishai E, Balla T, and Southwick F. Phosphoinositide-3-kinase is required for intracellular Listeria monocytogenes actin-based motility and filopod formation. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2005; 280(12): 11379-86.
Patient Reviews & Testimonials
Patience and thoroughness are unmatched
Dr. Laryngakis is an incredible doctor. His patience and thoroughness are unmatched. Dr. Laryngakis takes all the time each patient needs. He explained every procedure so that I knew exactly what to expect and he discussed every single aspect of my care and recovery in advance so that there were no surprises. While it is difficult on any patient there is also a toll on family members, Dr. Laryngakis was absolutely marvelous in keeping my wife informed as everything progressed. I think Dr. Laryngakis and his staff are miracle workers. – Tom
Very professional urologist
A very professional urologist this Dr. Laryngakis. Never had problems with him. – Patient
Took care of me throughout
An incontinence problem should not be ignored because it may lead to a more serious condition. I had that condition for almost two years and thank god Dr. Nicholas Laryngakis took care of me throughout that time. – Patient